In our busy lives we often neglect to do two very critical things. First, we often don’t take time for ourselves. Through our normal vocation, family time, church time and other calls of duty we often just forget to slow down and relax. Secondly, we often neglect to simply show gratitude for the things we have or the blessings bestowed upon us. We simple forget to say ‘thank you’.
November, being a month of Thanksgiving, I would encourage you all to slow down for one brief moment and think about all of the possible things by which you could be grateful. For some it is simply having another day or having a job. For many it is having a great family and/or great kids. Truly we could all sit down and make an easy list that would include things like books, computers, dogs, trees, cars, flowers and much more. Of course each person would have a unique list that truly defines their character.
Have you happened to consider some of the harder things in life that have shaped you, such as heartbreaks and unanswered prayers? Would you be where you are today if it weren’t for that one breakup we had in Jr High that at the time seemed impossible to get over? Not everything in life is meant to be easy but they all have an impact on who we have become, great brothers with great morals that strive to constantly do better.
There is so much within the body of the lodge to be thankful for and it is only appropriate to take a moment to say:
- Officers for all of you hard work that you have put into the lodge this year. I could print page after page of all of the hard work and support each officer has given this year.
- Past Masters for the support and guidance you have given me throughout the past 5 years while I have gone through the chairs.
- Brethren for assisting and guiding my masonic growth and just for being a great group of people.
- Stewards for making great meals and keeping the lodge clean.
- Right Worshipful for all of the assistance you have given me with degrees, service awards, and much more.
I truly know that this masonic year, as years in the past, would not be as great as it is without the support from each and every one of you.